I love it when we have a nice cool almost Fall day. I went to the grocery store and lugged home about 100 pounds of groceries. Normally I put, no shove, the groceries directly into the already full, of junk fridge. But not this time! Today, I leisurely cleaned out the old things. Froze some things that people were tired of eating (turkey noodle soup, that my kids have foolishly decided they don't like.) and started cooking. So instead of a large bag of frozen chicken parts, I will have little baggies of pre cooked chicken to make daily meals a breeze. I have already made a nice pot of spaghetti sauce and noodles, which we ate for lunch. Then I made two mushroom quiches, one for this weekend and one for a later time. There was enough filling left over to make a crustless quiche, which I will probably eat for my supper. I have the fixins for stuffed peppers. Nolan's very favorite dinner. I'll get started on that after this little rest. I have a pile of chopped onions in the electric fry pan caramelizing. Will use those for every little thing and maybe even some yummy dip. The cheese is shredded and bagged. Oh yes, and there was enough of the cooked mushrooms left for a bit of cream of mushroom soup. I'm making a enchilada casserole or two to freeze. Also, I have the fixins for Paula Deene's Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding (choosing to use nilla wafers instead of chess cookies though.) this is delicious ya'all, but will be making it for our fun weekend with Frank at home. If I make it now, it WILL be gone. And best of all I have washed each and every dish as soon as I was done with it. So instead of having a sink full of dishes all I still need to do is dry and put away.
Also happening in the kitchen today, Haley will be making some of her famous peanut butter fudge for her youth pastor who was in a car accident. It happened sometime after he took the small group of faithfuls out for Taco Bell on Sunday night - Haley being among them. I was told that he injured his back, but is at home recovering. :-(
Good day, lots accomplished, a bit more to go and then some play time. Crafting up Frank's Christmas present while Haley is at practice.

Comments