Skip to main content

13 years old!!

Haley enjoying a DVD of her new makeup and her birthday jammies and her new Kirsten doll.



Oh where does the time go?  13 years old today!

The birthday fun really began last night.  We went to Marie Calendars, just she and I and had the burger meal deal - comes with pie.  Then she discovered that she could have a free piece of pie for her birthday so they gave her another piece to take home.  Then we went to Color me Mine to work on a ceramic piece for Daddy for Christmas.  There we discovered that she didn't have to pay the studio fee on her birthday.  Another surprise.  We spent the whole evening until closing there painting and having a nice time. 

Frank got home about 10:15 and Haley opened the first of her presents.  A new pair of yummy warm jammies.  Frank and I had the fun of purchasing these together.  He discovered them first at TJ Maxx and thought they looked like his little girl. 

This morning, we all got up and went to Ihop for breakfast.  Haley received a free fresh and fruity rooty tootie breakfast (or equivalent value)  we told her she would have to stand up and shout.. "I WANT A ROOTIE TOOTIE FRESH AND FRUITY!" in order to receive the discount, at first she believed me, but I decided not to play such a mean trick on her on her big day. 

We dropped by home for a few quick phone calls and then Haley and I headed out for more surprises...I took her to my fabulous American hair guy for a great new layered cut.  It looks really adorable on her and he gave the extra special treatment for her birthday.  Then we decided that with a new cut, she needed to have her eyebrows cleaned up.  After last birthday's threading fiasco we opted for waxing.  I drove her to a eye brow place, but they were out of business.  Haley then remembered that there is a new Ulta in our area and they do eyebrows.  Low and behold, their freebie for your birthday is a free eyebrow arch.  A 20 dollar value - also a surprise!!

What she didn't realize is that I had already planned to take her to Ulta.  Frank and I had decided a few weeks ago that the big 13 needed a milestone.  Time for a little makeup.  Last week I took her to the doc about her acne and her skin is clearing up very nicely.  We thought the foundation and blush from Bare Escentuals would help even out her skin tone.  So, the gals at Ulta did her makeup using her new starter kit.  She was thrilled!!  She was so excited, this was not even on her radar.

Then we dashed over to the mall.  We picked up a little birthday freebie at Sephora - eyeshadow, liner and a mascara, which she is not using yet, but will save for shows.  A free orange julius.  A special discount at Bath and Body - and she still had a gift card from her last birthday so she netted three free lip glosses and comfy socks.

Then we went to meet the boys at Red Robin for a free burger.
After dinner we all went over to Michaels to get ideas for Christmas.  Then over to Cold Stone for free ice cream.

All in all, the freebie day worked out really nicely. She loved it. It was really nice to have Nolan available all day to hang with us.  He got his sister the Middle season 1 on DVD.  Which is great because we don't have cable. 

Her other present, because 13 is all about the in between, was a retired doll from American Girl.  We purchased it last Fall when it was announced that Kirsten was retired.  It took until May to get it and then we put it away.  She had no idea.  When she opened it, her jaw dropped and she said, "What? , "how?"  She said she had been disappointed that she hadn't saved to buy her, herself before she retired but now thought it was too late.  So my particular favorite picture is of Haley watching the Bare Minerals video about how to apply her new makeup while sitting in the chair with her new dolly!
Happy birthday baby.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What an awesome birthday....Sounds like tons of fun!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HALEY

Claire and Pam
Cathi said…
Yes, that does sound like the perfect 13th birthday party! I love the pics...the last one is my favorite. You look so much older...beautiful! I hope this is an amazing year for you.
Hugs,
Aunt Cathi
Nathan said…
Congradulations on 13 years Haley, it sounds like you had A LOT of fun on your birthday. Hope that the next 13 are even better.

Hugs (didnt know what else to say)
Nathan
Haley said…
Thanks guys I appreaciate that sooo much!

Popular posts from this blog

A Super Bowl Love Story

In late August 1996, I attended a bridal shower tea for my sister in law to be, Melanie Hull.  Her Aunt Shirley had created a beautiful party out on the back lawn, flowers and china and everyone in girly dresses. But most lovely of all was Melanie. I fell in love with her dress. It was my dream dress. Floral print. Georgette. Flowy. Bell/Cape Sleeve. Tea Length. Perfect Tea dress. I “pinned” it in my mind. That’s what we had to do back then. I knew that if I ever married – and hopefully that dashing Frank – that was the dress I wanted for my bridesmaids.  Furthermore… I had always hoped that if I could, I would provide the dresses for my bridesmaids. I had been in a couple of weddings and the expense was always difficult. It seemed like kind of a boobie prize to me. Hey, my dearest friends in the world, please be in my wedding so I can shove you over the precipice and into debt. Oh and make sure you check out my bridal registry! In January 1997, I was pretty h...

Weekend Treasure

  Here are some stock photos of the love seat, chair and ottoman we purchased on Saturday at the auction.  These pictures don't really do the set justice.  But we have determined that the retail price for these now discontinued pieces was $1899.  We topped out our auction at $500.00, so after sales tax and the 15% auction fee, we did pretty well.. paying approximately 1/3 of retail. As an added bonus, they were sold to us as "durahide" which means fake.  Frank and I used to say that Nogahide should have been named NOTaHide.  But after looking them up, they are 60% leather.. the parts that don't matter -the back, are not.  BONUS!  They are now all safely home and put away... where you say?  Where could you possibly have put all these lovely pieces of furniture? Oh, I forgot to mention that they are for the cabin.  The hope is that mice will be thoroughly repelled by the very idea of gnawing on cowhide.  And besides that, they ...

The Fourth

The Fourth didn't feel much like the Fourth here in Hawaii.  We were very surprised!  New Years Eve is a huge time of fireworks all around the beaches and everywhere you go.  But the Fourth, not so much.  We could have gone to one of three large fireworks shows on the islands, but we didn't feel like fighting traffic and people.  We opted for a drive around the island to explore new sights and places.  We drove through Hale'iwa town and investigated some kayaking rental places for later in the week.  We headed on up the island and around to the Turtle Bay area.  Years ago, my folks were blessed to be able to use a condo over in this area and always came home talking about the shrimp trucks.  If you know, or knew my folks, you probably know they aren't really "taco truck" sort of people.  However, we stopped at fumi's and picked up 2 pounds of fresh uncooked shrimp.  Never frozen, people! Heads, tentacles, and eyeballs still i...