So in response to Cathi's comment on the previous post... I really debated about posting this at all. But then I figured if you know Frank and I at all, you probably know all of these things already and it made the kids laugh. They told me to post it. We probably could find everything that we miss in some church, maybe even right here in Modesto.. but we probably wouldn't be happy even then! It is like missing something from your childhood and then you go back and it's not all you remembered. A church with all of the items I posted would probably be stuffy and never play any of the songs on my play list. THE CHURCH isn't perfect because we are human. Christ is at the head (hopefully) but he isn't through perfecting us yet. So, I'm thinking, that perfect little church in the valley is somewhere I can visit once I get to heaven. Yes, along with my mansion will be a lovely little church in the valley where light streams in the windows and fills my heart like His love does!
I've decided that ranting just really isn't good for me. I love to rant! It is so fun! Just call me Critical Chrissy. " If you don't have anything nice to say... come and sit by me" (thank you Steel Magnolias) My mom would admonish me when I was only about 10 that I was just too critical. Sadly it is my default position. The trouble is, nurturing a critical spirit results in an unhappy, ungrateful heart. So I am gonna chuck the previous "writing assignment" and take my assignments from a higher power.
Philippians 4:8 needs to be my life verse.
Finally Brethren, which definitely was meant to include us sister en..
Whatever is True,
Whatever is Noble,
Whatever is Right,
Whatever is Pure,
Whatever is Lovely,
Whatever is Admirable,
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy
Think on These Things.
About a year ago, Frank made me start a Think on These Things journal. So the things I am thinking on today are:
My computer is playing fabulous music to me via: Pandora, and Playslist.com. Nothing negative allowed. Only inspiration. In fact, right now Michael W. Smith is singing: "You are the strength of my life, you are the source of my strength! I lift my hands in total praise to Thee." When we sang this song in choir at Bethel, it never failed by the end I had tears streaming down my face. The beauty is that for months my old computer had no sound. I am able, with my Dave Ramsey, bought and paid for new laptop, to listen to anything I want with fantastic clarity.
I am enjoying the absolutely beautiful weather we have been having for the past few days. It is a mere 72 degrees this morning with a lovely little breeze blowing my freshly blooming roses. They are coming into their Fall glory. I'm thinking I will go get the beautiful red bud off my fragrant Mr. Lincoln and bring it inside.
I am dreaming about the Saturday my husband promised me last night. He is busy doing everything he can to clear all the decks for Saturday. He has been home about 12 hours this week and he will be in about 12 am on Friday night. He wants a day to do nothing but what we want to do as a family. We are going to bbq AND go out to eat. We will probably sleep in a bit and maybe yard sale a little. We will probably crank up the jacuzzi, see a movie... who knows?
So there you have it. Lots to be thankful for. A light and happy heart. A smile on my face. Peace in my head. AND the ironing piles are done and put away!
I've decided that ranting just really isn't good for me. I love to rant! It is so fun! Just call me Critical Chrissy. " If you don't have anything nice to say... come and sit by me" (thank you Steel Magnolias) My mom would admonish me when I was only about 10 that I was just too critical. Sadly it is my default position. The trouble is, nurturing a critical spirit results in an unhappy, ungrateful heart. So I am gonna chuck the previous "writing assignment" and take my assignments from a higher power.
Philippians 4:8 needs to be my life verse.
Finally Brethren, which definitely was meant to include us sister en..
Whatever is True,
Whatever is Noble,
Whatever is Right,
Whatever is Pure,
Whatever is Lovely,
Whatever is Admirable,
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy
Think on These Things.
About a year ago, Frank made me start a Think on These Things journal. So the things I am thinking on today are:
My computer is playing fabulous music to me via: Pandora, and Playslist.com. Nothing negative allowed. Only inspiration. In fact, right now Michael W. Smith is singing: "You are the strength of my life, you are the source of my strength! I lift my hands in total praise to Thee." When we sang this song in choir at Bethel, it never failed by the end I had tears streaming down my face. The beauty is that for months my old computer had no sound. I am able, with my Dave Ramsey, bought and paid for new laptop, to listen to anything I want with fantastic clarity.
I am enjoying the absolutely beautiful weather we have been having for the past few days. It is a mere 72 degrees this morning with a lovely little breeze blowing my freshly blooming roses. They are coming into their Fall glory. I'm thinking I will go get the beautiful red bud off my fragrant Mr. Lincoln and bring it inside.
I am dreaming about the Saturday my husband promised me last night. He is busy doing everything he can to clear all the decks for Saturday. He has been home about 12 hours this week and he will be in about 12 am on Friday night. He wants a day to do nothing but what we want to do as a family. We are going to bbq AND go out to eat. We will probably sleep in a bit and maybe yard sale a little. We will probably crank up the jacuzzi, see a movie... who knows?
So there you have it. Lots to be thankful for. A light and happy heart. A smile on my face. Peace in my head. AND the ironing piles are done and put away!

Comments