So after a fabulous vacation with Cathi and Don, more on that to come, we drove from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale to fly home. I'm not sure why we had to fly out of Ft. Lauderdale, but I think it had something to do with points. And I'm not complaining because we got to fly first class coming and going for all legs. Pretty nice! So, from Ft. Lauderdale we fly onto Charlotte. We had an hour lay over in Charlotte. While we were sitting at the gate I look up and see a Bojangles Chicken Biscuit establishment and remember that my sister in law, Carrie Facebooked (yes it's a verb) about this place when they arrived in NC to see her parents a couple of weeks earlier. Frank and I split a biscuit and that got me to thinkin about Jarrett and Carrie. I said to Frank, "ya know, I'm not sure when Jarrett and Carrie were coming home, but wouldn't it be funny if we were on the same flight". We chuckled that it would be quite a coincidence and from time to time, I would glance around the airport with and eye out for them. After awhile I gave up. My brother's hard to miss at 6'3" or 4" and a now shaved head. So I went back to my book.
Frank and I boarded the plane and got settled. We both started reading and enjoying the soft drinks the stewardess handed out immediately. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a little blond boy with whispy hair marching up the aisle. He was by me before I could see him clearly and I heard an awfully familiar voice say something to him. I looked up and saw my brother at the same moment Frank exclaimed, "Jarrett"! Carrie and Teagan were just behind and we all had a family reunion moment hugging and laughing and getting out of people's way.
Sadly, Teagan just won't come to Auntie right now... she was a tired little girl and she wants her own folks exclusively. At least on a scary unfamiliar place. I brought her up with me for a short time, and I could get her quited down a bit by reading to her, but then she would look up at me and cry. Ben came up for a short visit, but promptly decided that he wanted his MommaDaddyMommaDaddy.
We all went and got our luggage together. The funny part was that Ben was very disturbed that the airlines had taken his suitcases away, so he was very happy to get them back - even gave his bag a big hug. We walked out to the long term parking shuttle stops together and said goodbye.
What a great and funny time. IT's a small world after all.
Frank and I boarded the plane and got settled. We both started reading and enjoying the soft drinks the stewardess handed out immediately. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a little blond boy with whispy hair marching up the aisle. He was by me before I could see him clearly and I heard an awfully familiar voice say something to him. I looked up and saw my brother at the same moment Frank exclaimed, "Jarrett"! Carrie and Teagan were just behind and we all had a family reunion moment hugging and laughing and getting out of people's way.
Sadly, Teagan just won't come to Auntie right now... she was a tired little girl and she wants her own folks exclusively. At least on a scary unfamiliar place. I brought her up with me for a short time, and I could get her quited down a bit by reading to her, but then she would look up at me and cry. Ben came up for a short visit, but promptly decided that he wanted his MommaDaddyMommaDaddy.
We all went and got our luggage together. The funny part was that Ben was very disturbed that the airlines had taken his suitcases away, so he was very happy to get them back - even gave his bag a big hug. We walked out to the long term parking shuttle stops together and said goodbye.
What a great and funny time. IT's a small world after all.
Comments