So, New Years Day evening struck with a vengeance. I had been feeling all day like I was hung over - which would be a feat as I don't drink. Really terrible headache and very tired. I thought it was just the residual from staying up all night at the church. Watching Frank do a pretty mean Frank Sinatra impersonation by the way... more to follow on that hopefully. So anyways, it was the flu. Sick all night and most of Saturday. But man it is really remarkable how your body bounces back after a tough fight! By Sunday I felt pretty decent - stayed home and rested but not bad.
This morning, Nolan had all four of his wisdom teeth removed. The nurse said that they had only seen one or two cases with as deep/twisted/big roots as he had. She thinks he might be in for a tough recovery. But, he is young and we are just keeping that part to ourselves for now. Haley has been an invaluable helper today. You might think that the oral surgeon would have all your meds prescribed ahead, etc. but no, you get them as you are taking home a half awake kid. He is gagging on all the gauze in his mouth and well you get the picture. It was great to know that while I rounded up mashed potatoes and prescriptions that Haley was at home holding down the fort, doing her school work in the room right next door to Nolan with the doors open so she could hear if he was having any difficulties. What a gem.
Hopefully some pictures will follow.
This morning, Nolan had all four of his wisdom teeth removed. The nurse said that they had only seen one or two cases with as deep/twisted/big roots as he had. She thinks he might be in for a tough recovery. But, he is young and we are just keeping that part to ourselves for now. Haley has been an invaluable helper today. You might think that the oral surgeon would have all your meds prescribed ahead, etc. but no, you get them as you are taking home a half awake kid. He is gagging on all the gauze in his mouth and well you get the picture. It was great to know that while I rounded up mashed potatoes and prescriptions that Haley was at home holding down the fort, doing her school work in the room right next door to Nolan with the doors open so she could hear if he was having any difficulties. What a gem.
Hopefully some pictures will follow.
Comments