Yesterday, Haley's teacher Maggie called me and asked if Frank would be in town tomorrow. I was a little worried when I saw that it was her calling. Smile. She said, Haley would be honored at the school assembly Friday as her student of the year. So Frank and I snuck over there today and hid on the side until she was called up in front. Then we popped out (of course, only she could see us) and took her picture. She looked so surprised. I even got her to wear a dress to school today - when she got up I told her it had been so long since she had worn a dress and that she got so many compliments when she wore this one for picture day at school. So she complied and that made for really nice pictures.
In the last picture, Mrs. Costa is holding Haley's most recent work of art - her watercolor. I think I'll have to hang it in the den or living room somewhere! I love it.
Tonight, Frank and I are going to a small group meeting from the church, hosted by some friends of ours. But before we left we had a wonderful low cal dinner - just the two of us - by candlelight. It was really delicious and peaceful and nice. I turned on some music from the 40s and lit a couple of candles and found that we had some sparkling apple cider we hadn't used at Easter. Frank was so surprised. And it was so easy, I don't know why I don't do it more often. (Haley was at Ballet and I made Nolan run her to and fro). Lovely.
PS See that cute green rain coat I'm wearing above? (yes it was raining today) When I first bought it, back in January, I bought it in the size I have been for quite some time..... And I was pushing that size to the outer limits - I realized after one brief wearing that I could probably get a smaller size and use it in a very short time.... Well I did return it and got a smaller size. I couldn't button it at the time... Now I could move the buttons over a whole inch and still button it. WOW If I bought it again, I would by it in the teens. That hasn't been the case in years. So needless to say, I'll be getting as much wear out of it as I can in the next few weeks.
Comments
And congratulations, my dear friend. You look absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to see you in June.
Love,
Cathi
So sorry we will miss you this weekend. DON'T FORGET YOUR KEY TO THE HOUSE. You know the routine, make yourself comfortable, use our bed & bath, it will be ready for you.
Love you all
Beth
Hugs,
Cathi