It has been an incredibly busy two weeks. A week ago Saturday, we participated in Sherri's memorial service in Fresno. It was a lovely service and it is always so nice to get caught up with family members from far and near! Then Tuesday that week, I drove up to Antioch to attend the memorial service at her home church. It was very well attended and was such a blessing to her Mom and Dad, Ken and the girls. It was also fun to run into an old friend from way back when I was in the college and careers group in San Jose.
Wednesday last week, I practiced with the worship team. Our pastor's wife generally leads from the keyboards with the band, but she has been struggling with a neck injury that has left her fingers numb and unable to really play as she would like. So, for now I am helping out. Actually Nolan and I both were asked to play with them and on Sunday we did! It was a little nerve wracking, but all in all it went really well. As our pastor reminded us in his sermon on Sunday, it wasn't how many loaves and fishes there were to feed the 5,000, it was that whatever it was, it was enough in the Master's hands.
Thursday, I went and met with the director of community education through Modesto Junior College and interviewed with her to teach a class this summer and possibly next fall about couponing and rebating and freebies. I will teach at least one class for them this Summer. So, that was very exciting and encouraging.
Frank is traveling at on this month, so we are trying to make the most of all the days he has home. Saturday we drove down to Fresno. My folks, took the grand girls to see HSM on ice. We spent the day with Sherry's folks and her brother Ron. We had a great lunch at Shanghai and then spent the afternoon hanging out with them.
Haley has been home sick today. She has a very bad cough and a low grade fever. If I had to bet, I think she will be home again tomorrow. She has been very run down. She came home from the ice show and got right on the couch and barely said a word about it at my folks.
Nolan crashed his scooter on Friday afternoon. He strained some tendons in his wrist and has a few things to fix on his scooter, but all in all everything seems to be okay. Lucky for him, he had his leather gloves on!
That's all for now.
Wednesday last week, I practiced with the worship team. Our pastor's wife generally leads from the keyboards with the band, but she has been struggling with a neck injury that has left her fingers numb and unable to really play as she would like. So, for now I am helping out. Actually Nolan and I both were asked to play with them and on Sunday we did! It was a little nerve wracking, but all in all it went really well. As our pastor reminded us in his sermon on Sunday, it wasn't how many loaves and fishes there were to feed the 5,000, it was that whatever it was, it was enough in the Master's hands.
Thursday, I went and met with the director of community education through Modesto Junior College and interviewed with her to teach a class this summer and possibly next fall about couponing and rebating and freebies. I will teach at least one class for them this Summer. So, that was very exciting and encouraging.
Frank is traveling at on this month, so we are trying to make the most of all the days he has home. Saturday we drove down to Fresno. My folks, took the grand girls to see HSM on ice. We spent the day with Sherry's folks and her brother Ron. We had a great lunch at Shanghai and then spent the afternoon hanging out with them.
Haley has been home sick today. She has a very bad cough and a low grade fever. If I had to bet, I think she will be home again tomorrow. She has been very run down. She came home from the ice show and got right on the couch and barely said a word about it at my folks.
Nolan crashed his scooter on Friday afternoon. He strained some tendons in his wrist and has a few things to fix on his scooter, but all in all everything seems to be okay. Lucky for him, he had his leather gloves on!
That's all for now.
Comments
Hugs to poor Haley. You're probably right about the run down diagnosis...I see it in Dylan and Sean all the time.
I feel a little cheated that I already knew most of the news on your blog this time : (
Hugs,
Cathi