Heather's Thursday to do list And what really happened.
1. Get up and dressed - this may seem like an obvious thing, but sometimes.... Not so hard when Frank is home and hitting the shower after only 5 hours of sleep.
2. Get Haley up and dressed - if you think number one is hard.... Man she was tough to get up. This was her first day back to school from three days off with Bronchitis. We found that she had only one pair of jeans that truly fit and they were in the wash - wet, and one pair of cream pants that she had worn yesterday and now they weren't so cream anymore. Guess I'll be putting Target on my to do list tomorrow.
3. Eat a healthy breakfast - check, except I'm not sure if I can count it as healthy if I try to scrape the undissolved sugar out of the bottom of the bowl. So by 10:00am I was shaking. I think I need to add a bit more protein to this equation. 6 grams just doesn't seem to be cuttin it.
4. Take Haley to school - the launch of both of our days. Check.
5. head to Costco to get gift certificates for Sees Candy. Got there at 9:20 only to discover that they open at 10:00 am instead of 9:30 as originally thought. So I headed across the street to pick up a couple of things I needed for dinner and dessert at Save Mart and then over to Rite Aid to pick up this week's freebies. By this time it was time to head over to Costco and get those Sees certificates. They were $23.90 for two 1 pound certificates. I picked up two packs. Then I decided that the mall might be less crowded and less trouble than the McHenry store so I headed there with my old hearts.
6. take them to Sees candy on McHenry to have our hearts from past years refilled - saving us about $4.00 per heart. The gift certificates save us another $4.00. Of course they should all be filled with Bordeaux - and Frank and I are sharing one large heart this year. When I got to the mall, there were only three people ahead of me in the pack a special box line. Not bad right.... So the first lady had a stack of about three one pound boxes already picked out and I think she was shooting for the world's record of Valentine's niceness, because she must have been buying a super special box for everyone she has ever met. And here is how it went..... okay, I think I'll have one bordeaux... I'm not sure if she likes the dark ones or the light ones... and one .....lets see...... hmmm... It was a proud day when I finally after 30 minutes handed the lady my three hearts and said.. All Bordeaux's please! So, how much money did this save? If I had purchased the Sees special hearts in the same sizes it would have cost....$85.00 I paid $47.80. When you purchase the one pound special heart box - the fabric covered sort, you pay $8.65 just for the heart. So, I feel pretty good about that. I'm gonna use the example for my Never Pay Retail class this summer.
7. Go to the gym - I mean if I am going to eat Sees candies all weekend.... Actually tomorrow marks thirty days that I have gone to the gym five days a week for thirty minute of cardio. I'm sad to say that this never happened. So, I'll go tomorrow and Saturday to finish up the month.
8. Work on Frank's dress pants. They all need to be inspected for wear and washing and ironing. He seems to be a little low. See if he needs new ones and in what colors. Didn't happen. On tomorrow's list.
9. Come home and get ready for Frank to come home for lunch. He just got home last night. On the menu, Beth's German Green Bean Soup - very yummy. This was great. Had fun laughing and getting caught up from the last three days.
10. Do billing with Frank - we are behind by a couple of trips and that always makes us both nervous. Wow, this was tricky and took us over an hour to complete. Lots of dividing up by thirds and billing to different parties which happens if he goes to different places on the same airplane ride.
11. Make diner - we're having spaghetti Also yummy.
12. Make a nice cheese cake using up the gigantic block of cream cheese I bought at Costco for Christmas. I made a really great lemon cheese cake. Haley arranged lovely cut up lemons from our tree on it and Frank came home and asked the ultimate...."Wow! Where did you get the cheesecake from??" Happy mommy, happy daughter.
13. Pick up Haley - she is auditioning after school for the Yes Company's Bye Bye Birdie. It is a great production company that is run by the County office of Education. She is really excited. So, sadly, this was only for 7-12 graders and she couldn't audition. She was pretty disappointed. But glad when I told her that we had an extra ticket that she could invite someone else along to the ballet, because Nolan had to work. But this did take up approximately one hour of time figuring out who to ask and making phone calls. We ended up taking a friend of Haley's from preschool, a girl she has kept up with through ballet.
14. Spot the carpets - I am at my wits end. My vacuum broke and after buying the part on EBAY and fixing it myself, I discovered that the screws were stripped to put the bottom piece back on and you can't run it without that part or you will burn up the motor - as Nolan found out. So, I'm going to spot them, and rent a Rug Doctor tomorrow. I really don't want to spend any money on them until we replace things - but oh well. Did not happen, but I priced vacuums and Frank and I are going to go out and look at them on Saturday. On the to do list for tomorrow is looking up my Consumer Reports online and checking out what is best.
15. Get ready to go to the Russian Ballet tonight. They are doing Romeo and Juliet. Haley is going with us. This was wonderful. Except, I got it wrong, it was Sleeping Beauty. It was great and I think the ballet is growing on all of us. Wow, I've gotten Frank to three in less than a year!
Wow! What a nice day.
1. Get up and dressed - this may seem like an obvious thing, but sometimes.... Not so hard when Frank is home and hitting the shower after only 5 hours of sleep.
2. Get Haley up and dressed - if you think number one is hard.... Man she was tough to get up. This was her first day back to school from three days off with Bronchitis. We found that she had only one pair of jeans that truly fit and they were in the wash - wet, and one pair of cream pants that she had worn yesterday and now they weren't so cream anymore. Guess I'll be putting Target on my to do list tomorrow.
3. Eat a healthy breakfast - check, except I'm not sure if I can count it as healthy if I try to scrape the undissolved sugar out of the bottom of the bowl. So by 10:00am I was shaking. I think I need to add a bit more protein to this equation. 6 grams just doesn't seem to be cuttin it.
4. Take Haley to school - the launch of both of our days. Check.
5. head to Costco to get gift certificates for Sees Candy. Got there at 9:20 only to discover that they open at 10:00 am instead of 9:30 as originally thought. So I headed across the street to pick up a couple of things I needed for dinner and dessert at Save Mart and then over to Rite Aid to pick up this week's freebies. By this time it was time to head over to Costco and get those Sees certificates. They were $23.90 for two 1 pound certificates. I picked up two packs. Then I decided that the mall might be less crowded and less trouble than the McHenry store so I headed there with my old hearts.
6. take them to Sees candy on McHenry to have our hearts from past years refilled - saving us about $4.00 per heart. The gift certificates save us another $4.00. Of course they should all be filled with Bordeaux - and Frank and I are sharing one large heart this year. When I got to the mall, there were only three people ahead of me in the pack a special box line. Not bad right.... So the first lady had a stack of about three one pound boxes already picked out and I think she was shooting for the world's record of Valentine's niceness, because she must have been buying a super special box for everyone she has ever met. And here is how it went..... okay, I think I'll have one bordeaux... I'm not sure if she likes the dark ones or the light ones... and one .....lets see...... hmmm... It was a proud day when I finally after 30 minutes handed the lady my three hearts and said.. All Bordeaux's please! So, how much money did this save? If I had purchased the Sees special hearts in the same sizes it would have cost....$85.00 I paid $47.80. When you purchase the one pound special heart box - the fabric covered sort, you pay $8.65 just for the heart. So, I feel pretty good about that. I'm gonna use the example for my Never Pay Retail class this summer.
7. Go to the gym - I mean if I am going to eat Sees candies all weekend.... Actually tomorrow marks thirty days that I have gone to the gym five days a week for thirty minute of cardio. I'm sad to say that this never happened. So, I'll go tomorrow and Saturday to finish up the month.
8. Work on Frank's dress pants. They all need to be inspected for wear and washing and ironing. He seems to be a little low. See if he needs new ones and in what colors. Didn't happen. On tomorrow's list.
9. Come home and get ready for Frank to come home for lunch. He just got home last night. On the menu, Beth's German Green Bean Soup - very yummy. This was great. Had fun laughing and getting caught up from the last three days.
10. Do billing with Frank - we are behind by a couple of trips and that always makes us both nervous. Wow, this was tricky and took us over an hour to complete. Lots of dividing up by thirds and billing to different parties which happens if he goes to different places on the same airplane ride.
11. Make diner - we're having spaghetti Also yummy.
12. Make a nice cheese cake using up the gigantic block of cream cheese I bought at Costco for Christmas. I made a really great lemon cheese cake. Haley arranged lovely cut up lemons from our tree on it and Frank came home and asked the ultimate...."Wow! Where did you get the cheesecake from??" Happy mommy, happy daughter.
13. Pick up Haley - she is auditioning after school for the Yes Company's Bye Bye Birdie. It is a great production company that is run by the County office of Education. She is really excited. So, sadly, this was only for 7-12 graders and she couldn't audition. She was pretty disappointed. But glad when I told her that we had an extra ticket that she could invite someone else along to the ballet, because Nolan had to work. But this did take up approximately one hour of time figuring out who to ask and making phone calls. We ended up taking a friend of Haley's from preschool, a girl she has kept up with through ballet.
14. Spot the carpets - I am at my wits end. My vacuum broke and after buying the part on EBAY and fixing it myself, I discovered that the screws were stripped to put the bottom piece back on and you can't run it without that part or you will burn up the motor - as Nolan found out. So, I'm going to spot them, and rent a Rug Doctor tomorrow. I really don't want to spend any money on them until we replace things - but oh well. Did not happen, but I priced vacuums and Frank and I are going to go out and look at them on Saturday. On the to do list for tomorrow is looking up my Consumer Reports online and checking out what is best.
15. Get ready to go to the Russian Ballet tonight. They are doing Romeo and Juliet. Haley is going with us. This was wonderful. Except, I got it wrong, it was Sleeping Beauty. It was great and I think the ballet is growing on all of us. Wow, I've gotten Frank to three in less than a year!
Wow! What a nice day.
Comments