So this was our dinner last night.... If this bores you, skip to the next thing, but it really helps me keep track of what the family likes and what the recipe is if I blog about it. Then I can easily go back and find it!!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves2 tablespoons butter2 10.75-ounce cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted1 14-ounce can chicken broth1 onion, finely diced1 10-ounce package refrigerated biscuit doughPlace the chicken, butter, soup, broth and onion in slow cooker. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on high. One hour before serving, open biscuits. Roll each one to be about 1/4-inch thick and cut into 1/2-inch strips. Add to the slow cooker, laying on top of chicken and liquid. Overlapping strips of dough will occur. Continue cooking until the dough is no longer raw in the center, about 1 hour. Note: Dough will not cook into biscuits as you might think. It will become like traditional dumplings. Serves: 6 to 8.
I got this from an email from Everyday Cheepskate. And here is what I did different... I didn't take the time to roll out those little biscuits - I used two packs of the little kind.... And I used the dinner roll variety, not the buttermilk biscuits... I just smashed them down and then I cut them up - even easier! I doubled the whole thing and it filled the crock pot nice and full.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves2 tablespoons butter2 10.75-ounce cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted1 14-ounce can chicken broth1 onion, finely diced1 10-ounce package refrigerated biscuit doughPlace the chicken, butter, soup, broth and onion in slow cooker. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on high. One hour before serving, open biscuits. Roll each one to be about 1/4-inch thick and cut into 1/2-inch strips. Add to the slow cooker, laying on top of chicken and liquid. Overlapping strips of dough will occur. Continue cooking until the dough is no longer raw in the center, about 1 hour. Note: Dough will not cook into biscuits as you might think. It will become like traditional dumplings. Serves: 6 to 8.
I got this from an email from Everyday Cheepskate. And here is what I did different... I didn't take the time to roll out those little biscuits - I used two packs of the little kind.... And I used the dinner roll variety, not the buttermilk biscuits... I just smashed them down and then I cut them up - even easier! I doubled the whole thing and it filled the crock pot nice and full.
Comments