Well, it's been awhile! In fact I think it's been a couple of weeks since I posted anything at all. It's been the most fascinating two weeks of my life. What the Lord has done in the life of our family and particularly in Nolan's life can only be described as miraculous and in person. For those of you that have prayed, thank you and continue please! Nolan is doing really well. He is developing new friendships, seeing old inappropriate ones for what they are and discovering some new purposes in God. At this point, he is moving forward with college. I am driving him back and forth everyday and he has very little freedom, but he has contented himself with this - he knows it's a season. He has gotten involved with an accountability group and that is helping him tremendously. Frank and I are totally encouraged.
Haley is doing really well in school and enjoys it. Even P.E.
We are working on the kids rooms, adding some storage and changing things to make them more useful and user friendly. I just put a long needed shelf in Haley's room where her American Girl dolls will now live. It is amazing how just a little change or two makes such a difference. Nolan has a new desk chair from IKEA - where we spend a wonderful Saturday as a family - and a new tall skinny bookshelf that Frank and Nolan will assemble on Wed. night. I have purchased some new fabrics for Haley's daybed pillows - we purchased two bolsters at ikea and they are covered in a temporary way by a wonderful new big black and white swirl fabric. Today I plan to finish the edges and then tie them up like pieces of candy. Very cute. I also purchased some red print fabric for a couple additional pillows along the back of the bed - it now looks like a couch. Very cute.
A handy man is coming today at 10:30 to clean the chimney/fireplace and inspect it. We have never had this done, so I thought it would be good before fire season.
Friday, we may be having someone to stretch and clean the carpets. We have needed the carpets stretched for a long time- there are ripples everywhere, but we are also looking into the costs of replacing the carpet. So we are getting a few estimates this week to make some decisions.
Have a blessed day.
Haley is doing really well in school and enjoys it. Even P.E.
We are working on the kids rooms, adding some storage and changing things to make them more useful and user friendly. I just put a long needed shelf in Haley's room where her American Girl dolls will now live. It is amazing how just a little change or two makes such a difference. Nolan has a new desk chair from IKEA - where we spend a wonderful Saturday as a family - and a new tall skinny bookshelf that Frank and Nolan will assemble on Wed. night. I have purchased some new fabrics for Haley's daybed pillows - we purchased two bolsters at ikea and they are covered in a temporary way by a wonderful new big black and white swirl fabric. Today I plan to finish the edges and then tie them up like pieces of candy. Very cute. I also purchased some red print fabric for a couple additional pillows along the back of the bed - it now looks like a couch. Very cute.
A handy man is coming today at 10:30 to clean the chimney/fireplace and inspect it. We have never had this done, so I thought it would be good before fire season.
Friday, we may be having someone to stretch and clean the carpets. We have needed the carpets stretched for a long time- there are ripples everywhere, but we are also looking into the costs of replacing the carpet. So we are getting a few estimates this week to make some decisions.
Have a blessed day.
Comments
Re: carpets...would you ever consider hardwood or even laminate?
I'll talk to you this afternoon, my friend. I take the girls to school at noon, so it'll be just after that.
Love,
Cathi
The projects sound good. I guess it's that time of year...fall clean up.
Have a great day!!
LOVe you
Beth