
This is not my cat! This is an image I found on Flickr.
It's hard to read, but it says.... Two rules about procrastination...
1. Do It Today. 2. Tomorrow will be Today, Tomorrow.
So, today is Flylady's anti procrastination day. It comes around every Wednesday. It's hard for me to do anything about this on Wednesdays and I know it. Usually there is Bible Study in the morning and then I race home to teach Chloe piano and then I take Haley to Turlock for her piano lesson and then I take her over to the church. Then I usually hang out and wait for her or, get Nolan to pick her up. When I get home anywhere from 7:00 to 9:00 based on the previous comment, I am usually too tired to do anything about procrastination.
I'm reading a great book, "Break the Procrastination Habit NOW!" so, even without an anti-procrastination day, I'm doing better in this area. But, I thought it would be funny to share an example of how procrastination can come back and bite us.
I have been needing to insure three rings. I have been needing to do this for several years now. I had them all appraised in 2006 and promptly mailed them out to our insurance agent with pictrues of each ring. The envelope to the insurance agent came back postage due. Somehow that same envelope got shuffled around for about, oh two years! After reading a chapter in my above mentioned self help book, I got the envelope out and re-addressed it and took it to the post office to make sure that it had enough postage to get to the desired location - this time. About a day or two later, I got a call from our insurance agent. She said, she would be glad to add a jewelry floater onto our homeowners, but she wasn't sure if they would accept it or not, because the jewelry appraisals were so old!!! AAAHHH. Now to complicate matters, all of the players - the jeweler and the insurance agent are in Fresno. Which, necessitates an extra trip! The benefit to having them reappraised, is that gold has gone up significantly in the past two years and one of the rings would qualify for the jewelry rider that had previously only been allowed to be in the homeowner's policy. So, that is looking on the bright side.... but if I had done what I needed to do - two years ago, well you get the picture.
I think I see a need for a new business... a regularly updating jewelry appraisal system. You pay once, and as the market changes, they send you a new one.
Well, it's probably time to quit procrastinating about my shower. It's 10:00 now and I really should get it taken care of!
Comments
Hope you are having a good day. Thinking of you!