What $125.00 will buy at a really great yard sale!
This beautiful mahogany bed weighs a ton!! It is a double and will eventually make it's way into Haley's room.
Four quality shirt/jacket/sweaters and three brand new pair of shoes. One of the shoes still had the stuffing in the toe!!
These two things were purchased separately... The wooden stand was once an ashtray holder and the shade worked perfectly on top of it. I had just awakened that morning and told Frank that the corner needed something tall in it!
This fireplace screen is going to be reupholstered by yours truly with the harlequin fabric that we did some re upholstery in last spring.
Great little beveled mirror. The perfect size to go on that wall opposite the stairs where they put the thermostat and the doorbell right in the middle. It will go right between them and hopefully distract the eye. I tried to put it up on Saturday, but the wire broke loose and I decided to wait until a little later in the week when I had more time to really fuss with it.
Next we have this cool letter holder that spins on it's own lazy susan - and yes you guessed it correctly, Katie, it found a home on top of our large octagonal spinner that used to house my bead business!
A couple of pieces of nifty carved wood trim that will be put together and mounted above our bedroom door. It looks really nice!
And last but not least - a really cool birdseye maple rocker. Needs a little upholstery work and a little glue but a project within Frank and Heather's realm. I don't think we will need to call Dad in on this one!
This last piece was purchased about a month ago at a different sale. The drop down piece is at Dad's for a little repair but as you can see, Haley has made it her own and loves having her own desk in her room. We got this and another little side table for $25.00. The guy told us we could clean out the junk in the desk ourselves - and for our trouble we found a 1 lb certificate to Sees candies - so, that reduced our price to about $12.00 for both!!
In late August 1996, I attended a bridal shower tea for my sister in law to be, Melanie Hull. Her Aunt Shirley had created a beautiful party out on the back lawn, flowers and china and everyone in girly dresses. But most lovely of all was Melanie. I fell in love with her dress. It was my dream dress. Floral print. Georgette. Flowy. Bell/Cape Sleeve. Tea Length. Perfect Tea dress. I “pinned” it in my mind. That’s what we had to do back then. I knew that if I ever married – and hopefully that dashing Frank – that was the dress I wanted for my bridesmaids. Furthermore… I had always hoped that if I could, I would provide the dresses for my bridesmaids. I had been in a couple of weddings and the expense was always difficult. It seemed like kind of a boobie prize to me. Hey, my dearest friends in the world, please be in my wedding so I can shove you over the precipice and into debt. Oh and make sure you check out my bridal registry! In January 1997, I was pretty h...
Comments