
So, this is what I should have done today too! Hide back under the covers - or the table cloth as the case may be. This is Socks' favorite hangout. He loves to have his head covered by that old lace - I think, he thinks it hides him. And he can see through it. So, I started off this busy day running a not feeling extra well Haley to school. She and I are both struggling with allergies and she was hoping she could be "sick" today. I sent her off with a little prayer to help her feel better and hopefully improve her attitude - but when she got out of the car she was mad that she had to go.

Then, I took Socks to the groomer and ran the car on over for it's regular scheduled maintenance. Of course, there was more to it than that. The brakes had been squeaking, but I had wished it off to new brake pads that we just had put on the front. No, now the rear brakes needed pads and rotters turned. Pooh. As if that weren't enough, the shocks in the rear were leaking and the car just happens to be about 1000 miles outside of the warranty. They couldn't have seen this coming??? Oh well, after I pouted around awhile, the service guy gave us a pretty good discount. So, since it was going to be a wait - I decided to take the shuttle home -well, wouldn't you know, as soon as the guy drops me off I realize that I had given my whole key ring to service department instead of just the car key. Great - now locked out, I decided the whole morning was a wash and sat down on my porch rocker and enjoyed the breeze. Nolan came to my rescue, being between classes and let me in. But in the mean time, I had a lovely talk with Jarrett and Carrie and Benjamin.
We did have a great day on Sunday and I am choosing to look back to that and enjoy it instead of dwelling on everything that went wrong this morning. I did not want to go to Sunday School - we haven't been in an age and there was a new teacher and I just didn't want to go. Sometimes - this is awful- my Mom would laughingly tell my dad, Hell no, we won't go! And that is how I felt. I thought of all the other things, I might do instead.... But we went and wasn't I surprised when I really enjoyed it. The new leader was very good, friendly and funny and they were just starting a new series - no coming in on the middle or tail end where you feel like you can't share. I had to admit that Frank was right and I would enjoy getting to know this group. In the afternoon, Haley, Frank and I watched an old Esther Williams movie - Dangerous When Wet - it was cute and sweet and Haley really enjoyed it - much more about swimming than synchro. Then last night we had a missions banquet. Delicious food, great speakers and music and I got to catch up with an old friend from Bethel Church in San Jose. Gail and her family are in Mandarin China. It was fun to catch up- we had been room mates on a choir tour years ago.
Just yesterday we were saying how happiness is circumstantial but real joy is not.
How true that is today!
Keep the comments coming on the house color! we are really enjoying seeing what everybody thinks.
Comments