As I blog this week, I will be using some of Haley's new masterpieces! She took this and several other pictures to submit at the Stanislaus County Fair. I like this one about the best! These are our beautiful hydrangeas just outside our door. They are so big just one could make a fabulous bridal bouquet!
*****
We have had a busy and full week. Tuesday Frank got back home and Wednesday we all took off for the bay area with him for a little day trip. He had to attend a training so the kids and I dropped him off in Foster City and just got right back on 92 and drove straight to Half Moon Bay. We drove straight to the first beach access that we could get to with the dog and plopped ourselves down for a nice long play. The weather was a bit overcast - Just the way we coasters like it! We even got the rare treat of seeing a pair of dolphins. Although I have to say when I first saw fin number one swim right behind where Haley was playing in the waves I didn't think it was a dolphin!! In fact, I jumped up and started waving my arms and acting like an idiot! But then I saw the pair and saw them breeching their way up the shoreline. Phew!
****
Thursday the kids and I got lots done around the house and took Frank to Black Angus for a belated Father's Day dinner. Today we went to see Nancy Drew with the family -very cute and just love her clothes! Then tonight we feasted on BLT's with fresh tomatos from my vines and a new recipe Frank found in an inflight mag. Cherry tomatos with strawberrys in a maple syrup, balsamic vingarette. Now I know it sounds strange, but my kids ate cherry tomatos for the first time tonight! I don't mean ate them, I mean gobbled them up and begged for more!
****
Frank takes off again Sunday for one last week of trainging for June. Then we have some time with him home again for a long while. Hope you are all well and enjoying your summers as much as we are!
Hugs
Comments