I was working around in the yard and finally came back to dip my feet and do my nails and talk with Haley. She had been in and out of her play house, changing and jumping into the pool and having a grand old time.
As I sat down and got settled on the edge of the jacuzzi, I saw a little head peep out from under the playhouse porch. The head looked something like a squirrel, but as the rest of the body emerged, I realized it was a RAT. If you really know me you know that I did really, really well to calmly ask Haley to move the party indoors! From inside the house, I could see through the slats in the playhouse porch and see lots of lively activity under there. Something about knowing that your little one has been out and about in her bare feet, right there just gives me the willies!!
Daddy rushed home and laid traps to put his girls at ease and so far, it looks like our unwelcome friend has moved on. The rabbit is right in that area and we think it might be investigating the food and water sources and looking for a place to nest. But, today I've seen no activity at all and our trap remains empty. Poor Socks had to be let out in the front on a leash all day, but I'm sure that the neighbors were heartily grateful for a day without our barking pooch.
Comments
You're right about the rabbit. Rats love rabbit food, and rabbits aren't very tidy about making sure their food doesn't fall out of the hutch.
Maybe you could teach Socks how to be a terrier?