Up at 5:30
Encouraging Haley to get to her day.
Made her lunch,
fed the. ever anxious for his breakfast, dog.
I've tidied,
I've cleaned.
I've put the paperwork in order.
Paid the bills, noted where we are financially and funded the envelopes.
Looked into purchasing a bouquet for delivery for one of our Viking Singers.
Her mother died over the weekend. But so expensive I put it on the list to pick up from
Costco tomorrow. The girls will deliver it themselves.
Frank called to say he would be home in 20 minutes for lunch.
I made soup from scratch for us in 10 minutes flat, which will also be our dinner.
I juiced lemons and put a pretty bowl of them on the table.
Perked up the porch for spring.
Put Nolan's room back in order from his visit - finally.
And now... the house is still.
The back window is open.
A dog barks in the distance.
the first fly of the spring flew through and I didn't even mind.
The sun shines in the blinds and makes a clean pretty pattern on the cabinets.
The water from the pool reflections dance on the roof of the back porch.
The dog naps on the couch, head tucked onto Haley's newly cleaned fuzzy pink robe.
Soon the elementary school kids will be walking home and then the high-schoolers. There will be more cars whizzing by in just a few minutes. The bus dropping them home. They'll take to playing in the street on this first sunny week day in a month, but for now.....
It's the still of the afternoon.

Comments