Dear Brother, while enjoying the maiden voyage of your CD in my car's stereo...I wanted to let you know, your song We All Belong has been paid the highest compliment. "The drive way listen". You know the one where something is so good that you can't get out of the car until it's over. Beautiful.
Here is my review: the latest offering from Todd Anderson is a soulful, relevant Father's cry to bring His child home. Musically well crafted and thoughtful. Todd's music reveals deep wells of himself that are intimate, yet thoroughly relatable. You know when you are playing that worship song for the 100,000th time - the one with only four chords. The band is phonin it in and then the drummer plays some truly inspired new lick that makes everyone smile? That is the sort of pleasure this album is brining to me. The album dedication to his precious wife and daughters and future daughter - "this is to bring you home" brought tears to this future adopted auntie's eyes. The whole project – even the decision to open their home and hearts to this precious child is a “new lick” that is making me smile. Todd has touched me deeply. Again.
Full disclosure: I am totally biased. But I think this is not only a fantastic project, but also a great listen. The proceeds of this album go to their adoption of a daughter from India. Hit him up on FB I’m sure he can hook you up.
http://www.reverbnation.com/toddanderson

Comments