On Thursday, after Haley finished up math tutoring we went into SF. Frank had an article about a train exhibit at the Arboretum in Golden Gate Park. I have driven by the Arboretum dozens if not hundreds of times, but have never been inside. Also fun... I got to play with my navigation app and the new Golden Gate Field Guide app. Both very helpful!
What I hadn't really read in the article is that all of the buildings in the train exhibit were made from "found" objects. So the Ghirardelli building is made out of old brown electrical switch plates.
The top of this building is a picture frame filled in with buttons. The Ferry Building below is topped with a cheese grater, a kitchen timer and forks.
The Pyramid building is made with old computer keys, floppy disks and CD's at the top of the tower.
What I hadn't really read in the article is that all of the buildings in the train exhibit were made from "found" objects. So the Ghirardelli building is made out of old brown electrical switch plates.
The top of this building is a picture frame filled in with buttons. The Ferry Building below is topped with a cheese grater, a kitchen timer and forks.
The Pyramid building is made with old computer keys, floppy disks and CD's at the top of the tower.
Comments
Glad you had a fun family trip.
Pam