Yesterday Haley and I, well mostly Haley, made an apple pie. This wasn't just any apple pie! The apples were the first real crop we have gotten from our cabin's apple orchard that Frank's dad planted. When we were up last week we picked enough to make pie. Haley made the crust 100% on her own and it was delicious! We put chopped nuts in the bottom of the pie and this kept the crust on the bottom from getting saturated and uncooked from the juice. It was really good!
Look at that incredibly well pinched and formed edge! I really struggle with this, but she got it just right!
Look at that incredibly well pinched and formed edge! I really struggle with this, but she got it just right!
Nolan would like you to know that it isn't officially Fall until the candy corn is in the candy dish, or his mouth!
Comments
Nolan, you are truly Nathan's identical twin.
Love,
Cathi
: )
Love,
Cathi