
So here are some new photos from the cabin. We went up late Saturday evening and stayed until early Monday afternoon. On Sunday Aunt Faith and Aunt Esther joined us with Frank's niece Jenny and stayed for a turkey dinner with all the trimmings. Yum. Jenny stayed the night with us and helped a great deal in the morning! Haley and Jenny cleaned out old canned goods and bagged things up and hauled them out to the van. Jenny was also very helpful keeping up with the dishes... thanks dear!

This is the first rocker I recovered. It was definitely the easier of the two rocker projects. It only had a wooden seat in it with a cushion on top. I stacked and glued together several layers of foam to create the cushion. Then I covered it like you would wrap a package. But, I didn't feel like it really looked the way I wanted it, so while the fabric was still stapled on, I whip stitched the seams down the corners and then removed the fabric and stitched it together from the inside. After the cushion was finished, I tightened and glued the chair and gave it a good oiling. The rug is a wonderful garage sale find - $30.00 and it fits in this room beautifully and matches the old sofa to perfection!
On Monday Frank and I worked most of the morning, he in the bunk house and I in the linen closets. I brought home two gigantic old laundry bags full of sheets and towels that had been brought up by the various family members. Haley and I spent all morning this morning at the laundry mat doing 17 loads of laundry. Now it is all folded and fresh and I will be going through it piece by piece to see what sizes fit what beds and what needs mending.
Super weekend, the weather was perfect and we got a lot accomplished.
Comments
It looks lovely, and the rocking chair looks totally professional! Good job!