Guess what?! This is my 301st post, and in just a few days my blog will be four years old. Very fun, kinda like watching the speedometer roll over.
Here is what has been happening around the porch today: Nolan helped Haley with her Algebra homework making him a nice favorite around here. And don't tell him this, but he really does like to help her.
I took Socks to the vet - a much procrastinated about event. He needed his vaccinations and some tranquilizers for our possible trips to Florida with Frank. Socks likes the whole going to the vet thing until he gets into the exam room, and then he freaks out. He jumps on me and whines at the door and trys to do the mind meld thing with me; look at me, look at the door, look more intensely at me, more intensely at the door. "Lady, we have GOT to get out of here... have you forgotten what happened last time?" The longer we wait the worse it gets. Poor guy. Then we got home and I gave him a test tranquilizer. We need to try it out before we go on a big trip and find that somehow makes him nuts! So just a little half pill made him completely limp. If he trys to walk he goes sideways. Poor guy... looks like I will be taking him to worship team practice with me tonight.. hmmm should have thought this through better.
Lots of laundry is done and folded and ironed and put away.
Two dinners are cooking simultaneously, one for tonight, one for tomorrow night.
My car is filled up, washed, completely emptied, and I have taken it to Jiffy Lube for the works.
I have gone to CVS and picked up my prescription - no it isn't tranquilizes - and checked to see if my coupon books were ever turned in. Yep, I checked out the other day and left my coupon books in the cart. I organize them into photo albums with tabs, etc. I had two full all current and about 20 dollars worth of rebates and up rewards to use - like cash. When we ran back in to see if they had been turned in, they were gone. Very disappointing. So much work. It takes about three months to really get a good stash that will net freebies and the like, and that is just about what I had. So we start again. Funny thing is, it happened on the day I posted about Philippians 4:18. Haley told me it was a test. I think I weathered it pretty good.
Frank comes in tonight and doesn't travel again until next week - hurray!
Here is what has been happening around the porch today: Nolan helped Haley with her Algebra homework making him a nice favorite around here. And don't tell him this, but he really does like to help her.
I took Socks to the vet - a much procrastinated about event. He needed his vaccinations and some tranquilizers for our possible trips to Florida with Frank. Socks likes the whole going to the vet thing until he gets into the exam room, and then he freaks out. He jumps on me and whines at the door and trys to do the mind meld thing with me; look at me, look at the door, look more intensely at me, more intensely at the door. "Lady, we have GOT to get out of here... have you forgotten what happened last time?" The longer we wait the worse it gets. Poor guy. Then we got home and I gave him a test tranquilizer. We need to try it out before we go on a big trip and find that somehow makes him nuts! So just a little half pill made him completely limp. If he trys to walk he goes sideways. Poor guy... looks like I will be taking him to worship team practice with me tonight.. hmmm should have thought this through better.
Lots of laundry is done and folded and ironed and put away.
Two dinners are cooking simultaneously, one for tonight, one for tomorrow night.
My car is filled up, washed, completely emptied, and I have taken it to Jiffy Lube for the works.
I have gone to CVS and picked up my prescription - no it isn't tranquilizes - and checked to see if my coupon books were ever turned in. Yep, I checked out the other day and left my coupon books in the cart. I organize them into photo albums with tabs, etc. I had two full all current and about 20 dollars worth of rebates and up rewards to use - like cash. When we ran back in to see if they had been turned in, they were gone. Very disappointing. So much work. It takes about three months to really get a good stash that will net freebies and the like, and that is just about what I had. So we start again. Funny thing is, it happened on the day I posted about Philippians 4:18. Haley told me it was a test. I think I weathered it pretty good.
Frank comes in tonight and doesn't travel again until next week - hurray!
Comments
Good job all around, as usual. Kudos to Nolan for helping Haley. He looks very intellectual in his glasses. I still need that stuffed pepper recipe.
Love,
Cathi