Hey my patient friend!
I promise that on Monday I will upload some new pictures and give you the full low down....
In the mean time...
Haley is still waiting for her answer on her audition. We almost despaired today when we had heard nothing, so Frank called their office and found out that she might not know anything until NEXT Friday. That did put her mind at ease, though. She has a new job. Frank has a gal in his office that just finished the bar exam. Frank was mentioning to her the other day that I sell books online and that Haley was picking up a few things at yard sales to try her hand at it. So this gal says to Frank, "wow, I should really do that with all my law books, but I just don't have the time." Frank works a deal whereby, Haley is listing and shipping her books and splitting the profit with her. In the first 24 hours she cleared 75.00!
Nolan passed his EMT with flying colors. He has had a great first week of school and is forcing his way into Chemistry. He was the last on the wait list, but heard last year that after everyone left the same prof added everyone who stayed. Well, he hasn't done that yet this year but Nolan is stickin it out. Yeah for Nolan. He is back to work and very happy about that - and so am I.
Frank is busy finalizing the first three chapters of the dissertation. He is picking up work left and right and is happy as a lark about the cabin. He is somewhat stressed and tired though and has been needing to go to bed at about 10 every night. But with no TV (and a DVD player that died this week) the house is peaceful and quiet and no late night TV beckons us anymore.
I am really spending a lot more time on the curriculum this year. There is lots to prep each evening to keep the day running smoothly. If I'm not sure on the math or the English lesson, I'm looking stuff up. Also, I have this pretty solid writing program for her, but it is so badly organized that I spend bunches of time putting things together the way I want them. It's tedious but it makes things go more smoothly with Haley if I am VERY organized. Then she has less to comment on.
Speaking of selling books, at a great yard sale the other day I picked up about 40 patterns from the 40's and 50's for around 8 dollars total. I can turn them all around for at least 5 each. Besides, they are fascinating to look at and study for future projects. At the same sale, I picked up an old book which I almost left behind, I paid 50 cents for it and it is now on ebay with a reserve of 150.00. It was a shot in the dark, but I knew I would like to read it even if I couldn't get a penny for it on amazon. So my little book business has been really solid since we took up the budgeting. I've added about 600. to the rainy day fund. Our "pool rental" hasn't amounted to anything, mostly because it's been a bit too cool. The pool isn't all that warm.
Have a great weekend with the exchanges and remember You are a great friend!!
I promise that on Monday I will upload some new pictures and give you the full low down....
In the mean time...
Haley is still waiting for her answer on her audition. We almost despaired today when we had heard nothing, so Frank called their office and found out that she might not know anything until NEXT Friday. That did put her mind at ease, though. She has a new job. Frank has a gal in his office that just finished the bar exam. Frank was mentioning to her the other day that I sell books online and that Haley was picking up a few things at yard sales to try her hand at it. So this gal says to Frank, "wow, I should really do that with all my law books, but I just don't have the time." Frank works a deal whereby, Haley is listing and shipping her books and splitting the profit with her. In the first 24 hours she cleared 75.00!
Nolan passed his EMT with flying colors. He has had a great first week of school and is forcing his way into Chemistry. He was the last on the wait list, but heard last year that after everyone left the same prof added everyone who stayed. Well, he hasn't done that yet this year but Nolan is stickin it out. Yeah for Nolan. He is back to work and very happy about that - and so am I.
Frank is busy finalizing the first three chapters of the dissertation. He is picking up work left and right and is happy as a lark about the cabin. He is somewhat stressed and tired though and has been needing to go to bed at about 10 every night. But with no TV (and a DVD player that died this week) the house is peaceful and quiet and no late night TV beckons us anymore.
I am really spending a lot more time on the curriculum this year. There is lots to prep each evening to keep the day running smoothly. If I'm not sure on the math or the English lesson, I'm looking stuff up. Also, I have this pretty solid writing program for her, but it is so badly organized that I spend bunches of time putting things together the way I want them. It's tedious but it makes things go more smoothly with Haley if I am VERY organized. Then she has less to comment on.
Speaking of selling books, at a great yard sale the other day I picked up about 40 patterns from the 40's and 50's for around 8 dollars total. I can turn them all around for at least 5 each. Besides, they are fascinating to look at and study for future projects. At the same sale, I picked up an old book which I almost left behind, I paid 50 cents for it and it is now on ebay with a reserve of 150.00. It was a shot in the dark, but I knew I would like to read it even if I couldn't get a penny for it on amazon. So my little book business has been really solid since we took up the budgeting. I've added about 600. to the rainy day fund. Our "pool rental" hasn't amounted to anything, mostly because it's been a bit too cool. The pool isn't all that warm.
Have a great weekend with the exchanges and remember You are a great friend!!
Comments
Thanks for the newsy update. Sounds like everything and everyone is doing great!
Love,
Cathi