Psalm 4:4
In your anger do not sin;
when you are on your beds
search your hearts
So, I don't know what it was about today. Could be that Frank is going to be gone eight of the next ten days. (It never matters how long he has been home though... funny how that works). It could be that I'm doing what I always do and making my family nuts trying to get ready for company. It could be a thousand different things but today I have felt my frustration boiling over. When I really stop to examine myself it always boils down to anger. Ever have that feeling that you really don't have to be angry about something, or at someone but you can be angry anyways?
So, I went up to take a break and lay on my bed for a few minutes. This was the scripture I looked up. I decided some silent time on my bed would do me good. I asked the Lord to help me with the anger and closed my eyes. I feel into a deep sleep - drooling and all - for about 20 minutes....but I kept repeating to myself even through my dreams, be silent on your bed.
I awoke refreshed and ready to carry on. And anways, who could remain angry when looking and remembering this beautiful bed above. From my lovely castle retreat in Pasau, Germany at the Schloss Neuburg am Inn. Shown below. The delightful pillows always remind me of chocolate kisses.
Comments