Had a wonderful weekend, dashed down to Fresno on Friday night and popped in to see Ron in the hospital. It appears after some test results came in on Saturday, that he does not have cancer but is struggling again with an infection.
We spent the night with Dad and Beth and decided we would get up in the morning and go yard saleing. Beth is always such a good sport with the three of us. She is always game and gets up at the crack of dawn with us, throws on clothes and heads out with us. The first place was a dud, but at the second place, Beth right away spotted a pressure cooker. She helped me look it over and discovered that it was almost new. It was marked $5.00. I also picked up some combs and head bands for Haley - so nice to have those wide toothed combs for downstairs bath for people coming out of the pool. And Frank found a spatula from Le Crueset. The lady charged me $3.00 for the whole bunch.
The greatest part was that when we got home, Beth had the exact instruction booklet for my new Presto Pressure Cooker and let me take it home. She gave me the Pressure Cooker 101 class - boiling water and helped me feel a bit more comfortable about the whole deal. My mom didn't cook with one and all I knew was that they could be dangerous. If Beth had not been with me to coach me along, I never would have bought it.
Tonight we tried it out and I made a beef vegetable stew. 100% cooked within one our. Really yummy and with the flavor and tenderness I would have simmered all day to achieve. Hurray. Then with the leftover broth, I cooked up a batch of lentils and boy did they turn out yummy. We'll have those for lunch tomorrow. Oh and Cathi, I have my oatmeal on to soak tonight for a nice and creamy batch tomorrow morning.
Also this weekend, Frank picked up his father's day present, a new Charbroil Infrared Grill. I got to help him assemble it and then he cooked on it on Friday afternoon. Frank did up some New York steaks. Boy they were really yummy!
On Saturday we celebrated with Uncle Bill and Aunt Laura - their 56th wedding anniversary. Frank and I brought our ice cream maker down and had cake with them at Aunt Faith and Aunt Esther's. We had such a great time with them. We laughed and laughed. We ended up staying so late talking with Aunt Faith and Aunt Esther that we went out and got some favorite Me and Ed's pizza with them. It was a really nice day.
Working on our trip to Williamsburg. We leave in one short week and in the mean time we are going to our church Family camp.
This morning I rousted the kids out of bed and got them to help me around the house. Haley is now really glad that she got up and got things picked up because she got to have a friend (Allison) stay the night. The three of us (nolan, haley and i ) worked around the house for about an hour and a half. Nolan cob webbed inside and out, Haley and I dusted the blinds and window sills, dusted and vacuumed and picked up. Then, I taught a master class in how to clean linoleum. We only have two rooms left with any in it and they are right next door to each other, the laundry room and the bathroom. I handed each one of them a broom and then showed them what a good job a magic eraser and water can do. They both did a fantastic job - I think each tried to outdo the other and they enjoyed each other's company in the process. I'm thinking we need to tackle hardwood kitchen floors 101 tomorrow.
signing off......
We spent the night with Dad and Beth and decided we would get up in the morning and go yard saleing. Beth is always such a good sport with the three of us. She is always game and gets up at the crack of dawn with us, throws on clothes and heads out with us. The first place was a dud, but at the second place, Beth right away spotted a pressure cooker. She helped me look it over and discovered that it was almost new. It was marked $5.00. I also picked up some combs and head bands for Haley - so nice to have those wide toothed combs for downstairs bath for people coming out of the pool. And Frank found a spatula from Le Crueset. The lady charged me $3.00 for the whole bunch.
The greatest part was that when we got home, Beth had the exact instruction booklet for my new Presto Pressure Cooker and let me take it home. She gave me the Pressure Cooker 101 class - boiling water and helped me feel a bit more comfortable about the whole deal. My mom didn't cook with one and all I knew was that they could be dangerous. If Beth had not been with me to coach me along, I never would have bought it.
Tonight we tried it out and I made a beef vegetable stew. 100% cooked within one our. Really yummy and with the flavor and tenderness I would have simmered all day to achieve. Hurray. Then with the leftover broth, I cooked up a batch of lentils and boy did they turn out yummy. We'll have those for lunch tomorrow. Oh and Cathi, I have my oatmeal on to soak tonight for a nice and creamy batch tomorrow morning.
Also this weekend, Frank picked up his father's day present, a new Charbroil Infrared Grill. I got to help him assemble it and then he cooked on it on Friday afternoon. Frank did up some New York steaks. Boy they were really yummy!
On Saturday we celebrated with Uncle Bill and Aunt Laura - their 56th wedding anniversary. Frank and I brought our ice cream maker down and had cake with them at Aunt Faith and Aunt Esther's. We had such a great time with them. We laughed and laughed. We ended up staying so late talking with Aunt Faith and Aunt Esther that we went out and got some favorite Me and Ed's pizza with them. It was a really nice day.
Working on our trip to Williamsburg. We leave in one short week and in the mean time we are going to our church Family camp.
This morning I rousted the kids out of bed and got them to help me around the house. Haley is now really glad that she got up and got things picked up because she got to have a friend (Allison) stay the night. The three of us (nolan, haley and i ) worked around the house for about an hour and a half. Nolan cob webbed inside and out, Haley and I dusted the blinds and window sills, dusted and vacuumed and picked up. Then, I taught a master class in how to clean linoleum. We only have two rooms left with any in it and they are right next door to each other, the laundry room and the bathroom. I handed each one of them a broom and then showed them what a good job a magic eraser and water can do. They both did a fantastic job - I think each tried to outdo the other and they enjoyed each other's company in the process. I'm thinking we need to tackle hardwood kitchen floors 101 tomorrow.
signing off......
Comments