We had such a nice weekend. We traveled about two hours up the mountain behind us. Up through Sonora and on through Twain Hart, PineCrest and Strawberry on to Dardanelles. Nolan followed us up in the PT Cruiser with Haley so he could drive back on Saturday morning to work. Since we got rid of the tent trailer awhile back - mold had gotten the better of it after all these years - we stayed in a cabin in the camp ground. It had a very nice little kitchen with all the amenities and all of our friends that were staying in tents were very jealous of our shower! When Haley found out our friends were having to pay $3.00 for their showers and it was sometimes cold... she thought she could make a little money and share ours for $2.00 for a longer warm shower. She might have had some takers, but I think people were too embarrassed to taker her up on it!
Saturday, we played games, ate delicious food provided by the church, had get togethers, rested and in general had a grand time. Haley ran with a wild pack of 11 and 12 year olds for 36 hours straight and enjoyed every minute of it. They took over the cabin the pastor and his wife vacated on Saturday night to head back to hold church on Sunday morning. When I went up to get her Sunday morning the floor was covered with smiling, silly sleepingbagged girls from corner to corner. I am sooo mad that I didn't have my camera. We took only Haley's and her batteries weren't charged up. The girls promised me that they would have pictures of it in their minds forever. They had such a good time I think that they will. On Saturday afternoon the girls came to our cabin to play games and eat any snacks we could put out. I had brought this really nice box of lemon tea cakes and put the whole thing out on a plate for them. When I came back to gather their plates and offer them other things, one of the girls said, "oh, Mrs. Smith, please don't put anything else on that same plate..." I said, "oh did Socks lick it"? They said in a chorus, " No Julianna did!" Julianna, our pastor's daughter, is a delight of a girl. One of the most genuinely sweet girls I have ever met. She looked just a tiny bit sheepish and said, "Oh, they were so good!"
Nolan had a great time Friday night. He procured sleeping quarters away from us almost as soon as he got out of the car and ran with his pack until he had to go back down the hill to work. He really enjoyed driving the car - a stick- in conditions that he had never driven before.
We are home and all the laundry is done and we are now preparing for our trip to Virgina. Cathi, I am composing Nolan's contract for the week. And I have heard from Nathan and we are making our plans!
Saturday, we played games, ate delicious food provided by the church, had get togethers, rested and in general had a grand time. Haley ran with a wild pack of 11 and 12 year olds for 36 hours straight and enjoyed every minute of it. They took over the cabin the pastor and his wife vacated on Saturday night to head back to hold church on Sunday morning. When I went up to get her Sunday morning the floor was covered with smiling, silly sleepingbagged girls from corner to corner. I am sooo mad that I didn't have my camera. We took only Haley's and her batteries weren't charged up. The girls promised me that they would have pictures of it in their minds forever. They had such a good time I think that they will. On Saturday afternoon the girls came to our cabin to play games and eat any snacks we could put out. I had brought this really nice box of lemon tea cakes and put the whole thing out on a plate for them. When I came back to gather their plates and offer them other things, one of the girls said, "oh, Mrs. Smith, please don't put anything else on that same plate..." I said, "oh did Socks lick it"? They said in a chorus, " No Julianna did!" Julianna, our pastor's daughter, is a delight of a girl. One of the most genuinely sweet girls I have ever met. She looked just a tiny bit sheepish and said, "Oh, they were so good!"
Nolan had a great time Friday night. He procured sleeping quarters away from us almost as soon as he got out of the car and ran with his pack until he had to go back down the hill to work. He really enjoyed driving the car - a stick- in conditions that he had never driven before.
We are home and all the laundry is done and we are now preparing for our trip to Virgina. Cathi, I am composing Nolan's contract for the week. And I have heard from Nathan and we are making our plans!
Comments
Have a wonderful time in Virginia. Please feel free to bless Nathan with any parenting you feel he needs when he explains his current situation at school. "Just trying to be a blessing" after all.
Much love,
Cathi