What a blissful weekend. So relaxing. Frank returned home from a very long week of travel and subsequent travel delays due to bad weather very late on Friday night. We slept in, got up and ready and dashed to the farmers market for Bolanis before heading out to Marine World in Vallejo. Where we met my brother Todd and his girls Eden and Emily for the day. I would have pictures. I had my camera, the batteries recently recharged and all ready to go while the girls "fed" the sea lions, via Frank's hands because they didn't want to touch the fish, but I discovered I didn't have my memory card. Left it out the last time I uploaded pics to the blog. boo. But, I digress. We had a great day, lovely weather and not too crowded. Everyone stayed until we were good and ready to go and then we headed back to Modesto for Raclette.
For the uninitiated Raclette is a table grill where you can cook your own meets, veggies and heat up delicious special cheese under a "broiler" to pour over your bread. Yum, yum. We didn't really get to this until 10:00pm, but it was good and fun none the less.
The girls slept on the mattress pulled in from the garage. Nicely covered with freshly laundered sheets and a cozy quilt from home. Todd slept in Haley's room with their dog. Melanie is in India on a missions information trip for ten days. We missed her company! In the morning we had nice toast with fresh strawberry and plum jams and lemon curd.
Then we wrapped up here at home and all headed to my Dad's in Fresno. We spent a lovely day with them. Beth prepared a wonderful meal of tri tip, corn, salad, potato salad, fruit, bread, and a fabulous peach pie. We brought our new ice cream maker and made vanilla to go on top. Although her home made crust is so good that the pie could have stood on it's own without any old ice cream. smile.
I haven't been this relaxed in a long time. Really lovely.
Last week, I worked on a couple of quilt tops. I have three in the works right now. One is a wild black and white and scrappy hearts quilt, made with old pieces from scraps left from dresses I have made Haley from way back when. The other is a lovely old fashioned floral in pinks and soft greens and the third is a many hands quilt. Frank's mother and grandmother started it. It is a Dresden plate, all the squares were done so I just pieced it together. Now I need to do the boarder and the backing so Frank can take it back to Pennsylvania with him in August. He is going to have it hand quilted by the Amish. The other two will be machine quilted by a local shop in Hilmar. They do a great job, having used them for Nolan's tee shirt quilt when he graduated. And they are really reasonable. Which is a really good thing, because I like to piece, but I don't like to quilt. So, I probably wouldn't attempt it at all if there weren't places like Homespun in Hilmar.
This week,
Haley gets her bottom braces on tomorrow morning at 8:30 am.
Nolan goes to orientation for his new job at Best Buy at 1:00pm.
Frank and I get ready to head to Cathi and Don's for a long weekend.
Haley works on her musical theater from 3-7pm every day.
Frank is off all week. Hurray.
The oven will get checked out. It isn't working properly. boo.
For the uninitiated Raclette is a table grill where you can cook your own meets, veggies and heat up delicious special cheese under a "broiler" to pour over your bread. Yum, yum. We didn't really get to this until 10:00pm, but it was good and fun none the less.
The girls slept on the mattress pulled in from the garage. Nicely covered with freshly laundered sheets and a cozy quilt from home. Todd slept in Haley's room with their dog. Melanie is in India on a missions information trip for ten days. We missed her company! In the morning we had nice toast with fresh strawberry and plum jams and lemon curd.
Then we wrapped up here at home and all headed to my Dad's in Fresno. We spent a lovely day with them. Beth prepared a wonderful meal of tri tip, corn, salad, potato salad, fruit, bread, and a fabulous peach pie. We brought our new ice cream maker and made vanilla to go on top. Although her home made crust is so good that the pie could have stood on it's own without any old ice cream. smile.
I haven't been this relaxed in a long time. Really lovely.
Last week, I worked on a couple of quilt tops. I have three in the works right now. One is a wild black and white and scrappy hearts quilt, made with old pieces from scraps left from dresses I have made Haley from way back when. The other is a lovely old fashioned floral in pinks and soft greens and the third is a many hands quilt. Frank's mother and grandmother started it. It is a Dresden plate, all the squares were done so I just pieced it together. Now I need to do the boarder and the backing so Frank can take it back to Pennsylvania with him in August. He is going to have it hand quilted by the Amish. The other two will be machine quilted by a local shop in Hilmar. They do a great job, having used them for Nolan's tee shirt quilt when he graduated. And they are really reasonable. Which is a really good thing, because I like to piece, but I don't like to quilt. So, I probably wouldn't attempt it at all if there weren't places like Homespun in Hilmar.
This week,
Haley gets her bottom braces on tomorrow morning at 8:30 am.
Nolan goes to orientation for his new job at Best Buy at 1:00pm.
Frank and I get ready to head to Cathi and Don's for a long weekend.
Haley works on her musical theater from 3-7pm every day.
Frank is off all week. Hurray.
The oven will get checked out. It isn't working properly. boo.
Comments
See you soon!
Cathi