So today, with a little encouraging talk from my friend Pam, who already has her garden well under way.. I went out on a very windy cool day here in Modesto and started prepping my pots for some new things. I have had seeds to plant in a couple of pots for about a week, but just haven't gotten out there. Just like I haven't been getting to the blogging. All the pots needed an overhaul. Some had little ant hills in them and some needed their soil amended.
In the pots where I planted pole beans last summer, (which by the way didn't really go as well as expected. There simply were never enough of them to do anything with, except pop them in my mouth as I picked them.) Since is it still quite cool I am planting Container Lettuce Ruby and Emerald Duet from Renee's Garden along with Farmers Market Lettuce Blend Sweet Greens and Reds, also from Renee's Garden. I also interspersed Cornucopia violas to come up with the lettuce. These are edible and also some of my favorite little flowers - kinda like johnny jump ups.
In one of my pea pots, I planted my first round of potatoes. These are just grocery store variety brown tubers grown in Tullake California. So we'll see how it goes. I've watered down the dry patch that is where I grew tomatoes last year. I'll need to work that soil over a little each day for about a week or two to get it really ready and up to snuff for the fabulous tomatoes I plan to grow this year! fingers crossed.
Tomorrow, I will plant one of my pea pots with peas and sweet peas. My new favorite thing is going out and picking a few fresh peas and eating them on the spot.
In other news, I'll do about 7 loads of laundry today- I'm feeling generous enough to do everyone's for them - today only. Exciting I know!
Frank has been home for a week and will hit the road again on Wed pm. But he needs to work tonight on homework and go to class tomorrow night so it will be a busy week. He had all of last week home, except for his County work - we actually felt like we were on vacation. It was so nice to have him home with us every night!
The whole family is going to participate in an all comers choir for Easter at our church. I am playing the piano with the band, but Frank and the kids are both planning to participate. Should be a great day. And lots of fun to practice together. Since Haley and I are both altos, we practiced with our CD in the car on the way to school. That put everyone off for the day in the right spirit. 
Speaking of choir, Haley was invited to participate in a district wide honor choir a couple of weeks ago. She had new shoes - with a little heel on them and a new womens size 2 skirt that I found at the good will. It was really cute a Limited Edition mock wrap skirt in wool for $1.25, new with tags! It was a great experience for her to spend all day preparing with a master conductor with a 200 voice choir. AND best of all, it was the nicest kids concert (for school) that I have ever been to. What a delight. On the menu today: Chicken over romaine salad with strawberries for lunch and home made chicken soup for dinner.
Comments
Hugs,
Cathi
Love the flowers too.
Hope we see you this weekend.
Love you
Beth