
The big green pot is the one that grew into five all together. In both of these are planted Kentucky Blue Pole Beans by Ferry-Morse Seed Co. I planted them on July 1. (blog easily converts to garden journal!)The "statuary" is something I've had for several years, it has been a part of a fountain and a garden ornament. I picked it up at Big Lots for about three dollars and I was pleased to see how well it blended with the new pots.

The large pot is one of the new impulse buy pots, the smaller is one I have had for a long time. In this pot so far... Sweet Basil, I bought a 4 inch pot, Bonnie Plants from Home Depot. I also planted the seeds for Dill. Those seeds were also Ferry-Morse from their Start Smart collection. In the smaller pot I will be planted the peppermint last blogged about. Please note that there are drip lines to each of the new pots - no small feat! This was accomplished by yours truly, with a little help from her friends.

These are the Persian Baby Cucumbers, "Green Fingers" by Renee's Garden Seeds. She has a lovely site,
www.reneesgarden.com. I am hoping to pickle these little babies with my own dill. Frank's mom, Alice first introduced me to lovely little dill gherkin pickles and I am hoping to make something equally satisfying with these. They were planted on June 25.

We have two hills of this squash, also planted on June 25. This is Squash - Dixie Hybrid it is a crook neck, yellow summer squash variety by Ferry-Morse.

This is the final hill of cucumbers. We planted Heirloom Cucumbers, Sweet Armenian by
Renees Garden. These were also planted on June 25. It is so fun to watch them come up!

Now for something a bit more interesting! Here's what is going on over by the playhouse. The grape tomatoes are doing great! The eggplants are holding their own against the slug invaders, the roses are happy and the mint and chives in the old fountain are going to town!

All My Peppers

Looks like we will have at least one good one! We'll have to wait awhile for all the rest, it's like the tomatoes, they give you one to whet your appetite.

Speaking of tomatoes, here are mine. They are "looking" fine. The one in the foreground is an ace and producing some mighty fine fruit. It is setting fine and has a number of large
tomatoes on it that are now beginning to ripen. The other, the Beefsteak is not setting fruit at all. The blossoms just fall off. The lady at the nursery said that most people are having the same trouble. Just seems weird that my other two bushes are fine and this one, planted in the same spot as the other isn't setting fruit at all. Well, maybe we will be glad to get some really late fruit from it!

Here is one of the other new pots with some "ladders that we purchased to go in them. They aren't planted yet and I'm not really sure what I'm going to do here.

Last here is a cute little impulse buy that Frank and I made. We are going to move it to the other side of the playhouse so the hummingbirds can find it.
Comments
Love,
Cathi
WELL, that is some garden...love it. You should see our tomatoes, it is evident that no one is home to do any nurturing of our plants, they look sick compared to yours. Also loved the pix of Ben and Nolan/Heather.
Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday, hopefully I will have some pix downloaded from our trip. Seems that we haven't stopped going yet..going to a housewarming for my friend Delora tonight.
Luv you
Beth