Tuesday March 24, 2008
This morning, Wednesday Haley and I are getting a slow start. We went to breakfast downstairs and headed back to the room. Haley peeked in on Frank’s very large training and he told her he would come back to the room about lunch time, so we decided to hang out in the room and wait. Haley has put her p.j.s back on and climbed into her clean bed with her book. So I have had lots of time to post to the blog and write in the travel journal. It’s been great to have a lazy morning. This afternoon we will head down into town and see what’s shaking.
We went down town and toured the Gutenburg Museum. It was about 7 euros for both Haley and I to go – at this point that is 10.50. I was led to believe that there was nothing in English, so it was a nice surprise to find that about 20% has in fact been translated into English. We were able to watch a short film on the life of Gutenburg in English and when they turned it on, about 20 people dashed over to listen. We saw two Gutenburg Bibles which are housed in a Nuclear bomb proof shelter. You have to go in to see them, so I suppose you might get locked down with them in the case of an emergency! But it was really fascinating to see them. Here is Haley in front of the museum with some very large letters that were being carved and covered with ink for printing with kids.
This morning, Wednesday Haley and I are getting a slow start. We went to breakfast downstairs and headed back to the room. Haley peeked in on Frank’s very large training and he told her he would come back to the room about lunch time, so we decided to hang out in the room and wait. Haley has put her p.j.s back on and climbed into her clean bed with her book. So I have had lots of time to post to the blog and write in the travel journal. It’s been great to have a lazy morning. This afternoon we will head down into town and see what’s shaking.
We went down town and toured the Gutenburg Museum. It was about 7 euros for both Haley and I to go – at this point that is 10.50. I was led to believe that there was nothing in English, so it was a nice surprise to find that about 20% has in fact been translated into English. We were able to watch a short film on the life of Gutenburg in English and when they turned it on, about 20 people dashed over to listen. We saw two Gutenburg Bibles which are housed in a Nuclear bomb proof shelter. You have to go in to see them, so I suppose you might get locked down with them in the case of an emergency! But it was really fascinating to see them. Here is Haley in front of the museum with some very large letters that were being carved and covered with ink for printing with kids.
In the evening, we went back to Specht with Tina and had a wonderful meal of Yagerschnitzel (not sure if I’m spelling that right). It is pounded pork that is breaded and fried and served with gravy, much like a chicken fried steak. Haley stayed in the room to watch German versions of some of her favorite shows, which she thought was very funny. She finished her longest Harry Potter book to date and is now quite hot to get home and see the movie of it. We wrapped up the evening by dividing a small sacher torte which we had brought from Vienna. It was fun to improvise with what was in the room and eat in bed!
Comments