Thursday morning, March 27, 2008
We are having a nice slow morning on Frank’s last day of training her in Mainz. Haley and I went down to have some breakfast and came back up to begin the pack up process. I was up at the crack of dawn with Frank about 6:30 am so when I came out from my shower at 9:00 I felt incredibly tired. Well, we’re on vacation! So I had a nap. We have extended our check out until 2:00 pm to facilitate Frank changing and gathering a few things that will be shipped back to the states from his trainings. Then we will get the first available train from the main station in Mainz to Mannheim. From there we will have a short lay over and then take the 5:41 pm train to Paris. We should arrive in Paris about 9:00 pm. It has been difficult to decide whether we need to catch cabs to hotels or whether we can walk. When you look up a map on Google, it gives you driving directions only, and given the pedestrian zones and one way streets in these sorts of cities, it is difficult to determine the ease of walking until we get there. However, we have only taken two in our whole time here and have been really good about hopping on the subways to save some euros. So, when we arrive in Paris, the plan is to get a cab to our hotel. We are staying at Hotel Eiffel Rive Gauche. It is something that we booked through expedia, that had three beds and looked half way decent for the price. Fingers crossed!!
We are having a nice slow morning on Frank’s last day of training her in Mainz. Haley and I went down to have some breakfast and came back up to begin the pack up process. I was up at the crack of dawn with Frank about 6:30 am so when I came out from my shower at 9:00 I felt incredibly tired. Well, we’re on vacation! So I had a nap. We have extended our check out until 2:00 pm to facilitate Frank changing and gathering a few things that will be shipped back to the states from his trainings. Then we will get the first available train from the main station in Mainz to Mannheim. From there we will have a short lay over and then take the 5:41 pm train to Paris. We should arrive in Paris about 9:00 pm. It has been difficult to decide whether we need to catch cabs to hotels or whether we can walk. When you look up a map on Google, it gives you driving directions only, and given the pedestrian zones and one way streets in these sorts of cities, it is difficult to determine the ease of walking until we get there. However, we have only taken two in our whole time here and have been really good about hopping on the subways to save some euros. So, when we arrive in Paris, the plan is to get a cab to our hotel. We are staying at Hotel Eiffel Rive Gauche. It is something that we booked through expedia, that had three beds and looked half way decent for the price. Fingers crossed!!
Comments