So, speaking of cars... Nolan's has been in the shop all weekend. Which of course means that Mom's car fills in all the missing miles. He broke down on Friday - it just died. Well, he went on to work from the shop (in mom's car)and forgot to call the mechanic back about the problems. Meaning... the mechanics didn't get any approval to work on the car until possibly Saturday. But since they weren't called until Saturday afternoon, they were gone. So, fast forward to Monday morning. Finally some info - a broken timing belt and about $200 and some odd dollars - ready sometime today - hopefully. My van has now made 3 trips to the junior college, today. Once for his early class, then to bring the car home to me, then I drove him back. I'm no sooner home and the call comes to pick it up. So, back to the J.C. to get Nolan and the moment I pull into our driveway- (finally), Nolan calls and says his car is driving really bad. He's not even sure if it will make it back for his final class. AAAHHH.
Well, I told him to try and make it over to the school - only about a mile from where he had pulled over- and get to class. Then we would deal with whatever the problem was. He called a minute ago and told me he made it, but I expect to get a call in about an hour to let me know that he has had to call the tow truck again. I have to keep reminding myself... it's cheaper than a car payment.
Comments