
Well here's the new look for the Smith place. Painting was totally completed on Friday. The porch floor took a bit of finishing and it is now finally done! This first picture is somewhat distorted on the color because of the morning sun. But the one of the door is much more true.

We had our painter spray paint our rockers black. (Marilyn would have loved them!) While they were at it, we also took the lights apart and sprayed them black. Well, I say "we" because I did offer to help, but the painter did it all himself.... while grumbling under his breath if I would find something else for him to cover with paint. But, they do look brand new!

Oh yes, he painted the numbers black and our fleur de lis door knocker. I wanted him to do the doorbell, but he was kind of at the end of his wits with me....

Here is Haley's playhouse. I think we are going to put 3408 and 1/2 on her place in black numbers too. I love all the extra detail he gave it by painting black around the old stained glass windows. Next summer the place needs a total indoor overhaul.

Here is a view from the backyard... all in all we are very, very happy with the results and we have gotten lots of thumbs up from the neighbors. One kid down the street about 19 stopped his car and got out, came to the front door to tell me how wonderful it looked. That's progress!
Comments
Can't wait to see it in person,
Cathi