This is the home where we had tea in Victoria. It's called the Point Ellis House. We were able to tour this early Western Canadian home from the point of view of the servants. It is quite in tact - right down to the wallpaper! Then we took our tea on the lawn in the wicker chairs and couches.
****
The graduation preparations continue. The flat of impatiens went in this afternoon as scheduled. :-) The first of two dips is made. Haley and I will make the slushy punch tomorrow so it will be well frozen. The memory t-shirt quilt got bound this morning while I sat and watched a little tv. It is now wrapped and up with another gift and Nolan is getting anxious to see just what is in there! Millions of other little errands and necessities are getting accomplished and I think we are ahead enough that Friday will be a very relaxing afternoon and evening. Dad and Beth, Todd and Melanie and the girls, Randy and Jan and Jenny will be joining us for the actual ceremony. (Jarrett and Carrie are in North Carolina visiting her parents.) We will all go get a little dinner out before the ceremony (so I won't have to cook! ).
*****
The first of my cherry tomatos were harvested tonight. I found about 12 ripe ones in the heart of the bush. That bush is taking over everything!! I made some tortellini with the fresh tomatos a little butter and sour cream and vwella - Yummo!
Can't wait for the ace tomatos to turn! They are huge but still no change in color. This unseasonably cool weather to blame - but other than that one small inconvenience - no complaints!!! It is still too cool to get in the pool once and for all! This is the latest we have ever waited for summer swimming!
****
P.S. did you know that if you double click on any of the pictures on the blog it will open a nice large picture for a great look at all the fine details!
Comments