Okay, so if you are a reader of any sort, you must check out the new link I have just posted www.librivox.org. Frank and I went to a party tonight and spoke with a professor at Stan State and he told us about a few readings he had done for this site. It is a site that is working to post audio files of all public domain books. They are free for the downloading. That's right!! If the book or books you love were written earlier than 1926 in the U.S. they fall into the public domain.
If you love to listen to books on tape and have tapped your local library almost dry - Frank - I would highly recommend checking this site out. If you love to read to your children and would love to work on the project and have your voice preserved for posterity - or have a beloved book that should be shared with the world - check out this site.
First I would recommend going to the tab on the left marked catalog. You can then search for your favorites. I haven't really searched this thoroughly yet but I can barely wait to dig in!
Anne of Green Gables, Little Women, Dr. Dollittle and all the Dickens that we so wish our children would read in school instead of the current trash they are subjected to are all here. I plan to get Nolan to download some for me tomorrow!
Cheers.
If you love to listen to books on tape and have tapped your local library almost dry - Frank - I would highly recommend checking this site out. If you love to read to your children and would love to work on the project and have your voice preserved for posterity - or have a beloved book that should be shared with the world - check out this site.
First I would recommend going to the tab on the left marked catalog. You can then search for your favorites. I haven't really searched this thoroughly yet but I can barely wait to dig in!
Anne of Green Gables, Little Women, Dr. Dollittle and all the Dickens that we so wish our children would read in school instead of the current trash they are subjected to are all here. I plan to get Nolan to download some for me tomorrow!
Cheers.
Comments