Honestly, I love this picture. It is my grandfather. Yes the little one in the "sausage curls", as my mother used to call them, is Grandfather Ellswood Anderson.
My friend, Cathy, (see full house link to the left) is the one who got me started on the homemade laundry detergent. It works well, it's relatively easy, very cheap and I can scent it anyway I like. Now she has read an article in Christianity Today - couldn't find it, Cath - that has encouraged her to shop for her large family only once every two months! I would really like to hear more about this, Cathi. Maybe you could feature it in your next blog. I cannot say how delighted I am to have reconnected with my best friend from highschool, and find that she is serving the Lord and raising up great children for a new generation! You encourage me girl!! Thank you.
I have been reading an excellent book this past week - out of my mother's collection. "The Power of a Praying Wife." I didn't pick this up to change Frank. He doesn't need changing. Nor did I pick it up for more power in our relationship. I picked it up simply for some new, fresh ideas for my prayer life. It is just this sort of book that always strikes a chord and encourages me to seek the next level. I would highly recommend this great read! It is by Stormie Omartian. Dovetailing quite nicely, our pastor today happened to say, "it is the power of the Word that reveals full potential."
That's all for now.
Comments