So I think I mentioned the other day that my friend Cathi was going to shop one time for two months for her family of five children. She was encouraged by the following excellent, laugh out loud, article in Christianity Today. What an encouragement. I'm sure we all have gone to the pantry towards the end of the month and think, " I know we'll live like people on the Oregon Trail and use up the dregs of what is in this pantry, because there is no money left!!" In fact I did that this afternoon. Not because I had to, I could have run to the store for the fifth time this week - it's only Thursday - but because some fresh tomatoes sounded so good for the pasta I was making Frank for lunch. Guess what, the tomatoes in the store don't taste that good right now anyway! What I really want is home grown fresh tomatoes that you only get in August in the valley. Soooo, I went to the pantry and dug out some tomato paste and some pasta from costco and some boullion and some frozen turkey meat and went to town. It was so good that we're going to eat the rest for dinner.
For our contribution to becoming debt free, we have gone credit card free. Frank has one that he uses just for business and we are working on the Dave Ramsey plan to financial freedom. "We are living like no one else so that some time soon, we can live like no one else. "
see: http://www.daveramsey.com http://www.christianitytoday.com/mp/2006/002/7.44.html
Comments